Have you wondered if you should attempt snowshoeing with a toddler? We will let you know on today’s episode (plus, lots of other outdoor winter sport tips!).
Check back on other winter sport podcasts:
Learning to Enjoy Winter: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-92-learning-to-enjoy-winter-with-erin-gallimore/
Teaching Toddlers to Snowboard: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-94-teaching-toddlers-to-snowboard-with-dr-ashley-top/
Learning to Ski: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-95-learning-to-ski-with-coach-nelly/
Choosing the Best Ski Gear: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-97-choosing-the-best-ski-gear-on-a-budget-with-coach-nelly/
Taking Your Kids Skating for the First Time: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-91-taking-your-kids-skating-for-the-first-time/
Snowshoeing Tips (for toddlers, and beyond):
- Rent snowshoes for toddlers – go in and make sure they fit with winter boots
- Use the washroom before layering up!
- Go with a friend to feed off of
- Check expectations!
- Go to a park or backyard (not a big, deep snow trail)
- Bring a sled as backup!! Give them choices
- Do what you’re encouraging, and have fun yourself
- Small exposures add up
- Plus, get YOUR snowshoes on before strapping up kids or babywearing
Other Winter Tips:
- Practice wearing gloves ahead of time [hand warmers are a great backup to hold (even without gloves)]
- Have something to look forward to after the adventure – often to warm you up!!
Check out KWE’s #patch4apurpose to support 1, or all 8, charities:
Today’s Host: @adriannaadventures & @laurenrodycheberle from @kidswhoexplore
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music