Tighten Your Tinkler meets Kids Who Explore, because we all want to support postpartum women, so they can get back to doing all the things they love to do outside.
Christina Walsh is a physical therapist and co-founder of Tighten Your Tinkler. She’s a New Orleans mama of two who lived with pelvic floor issues herself. She supports postpartum women holistically through prolapse, diastasis recti, and more. The program helps women solve pelvic floor issues without kegels or internal vaginal devices.
Tighten Your Tinkler:
- Functional training from a need they experienced themselves
- You can do it at home with your children!
- Helps with incontinence, sleeping through the night without needing to pee, and painful sex
When You Resume Activity Postpartum:
- Make sure you’re cleared by your providers
- If you’re having extra drainage, your body is asking you to slow down
- Pelvic floor pressure or heaviness, back pain, or leakage – tune back into your body, slow down, and work your way back into it more gently
Why Kegels Aren’t Always the Answer:
- You’re only getting stronger in ONE position
- Can cause over tightening
- You don’t need the pelvic floor to be a conscious muscle
Uneven terrain adds extra weight. When you ask more from your body, be gentle. You don’t have to live with discomfort, AND also, go slow!
So much of pelvic floor function is linked to the nervous system. Fight or Flight response links to bladder – so, take yourself out of that stressed state.
- Listen to body
- Visit a Webster-certified chiro (adjust pubic joint)
- Avoid high impact activity while breastfeeding
- 90/90 decompression technique!! Check link below
- Don’t push pee out
- Use Squatty Potty
- Get enough fibre and stay hydrated
- Go easy on your body!
- Build strength
It’s never too late. Menopause can cause a shift of hormones as well, but they’ve seen success after people living with incontinence for over 28 years.
Decompression Position (to relax back, hips, and pelvic floor): https://www.tightenyourtinkler.com/backandhiprelief
5-minute Root Cause Quiz: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6C9SJ36
Hunt Gather Parent by Michaeleen Doucleff
Follow Tighten Your Tinkler:
Discount Code LAUREN gets you $50 off
Check out KWE’s #patch4apurpose to support 1, or all 8, charities:
Today’s Host: @adriannaadventures & @laurenrodycheberle from @kidswhoexplore
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music