Team sports tend to become a lot more subjective, compared to individual sports. The “problem” with sports usually lies with the adults, rather than the kids, after the game. But as John O’Sullivan shows us, there’s a way we can “change the game!”
John O’Sullivan is an internationally known TEDx Speaker, and the founder of the Changing the Game Project since 2012. He is the author of two #1 bestselling books, Changing the Game and Every Moment Matters. On top of that, he is a leading youth sports blogger, a host of his own podcast Way of Champions, former professional soccer player, and a coach and consultant for over 20 years in sports such as soccer, football, lacrosse, swimming, rugby, and more! He is also a huge advocate for positive coaching.
Sport Parents Should:
- Follow their children’s lead in how competitive they want to be
- Listen to if their child wants to talk about the game
- Allow many options for sports, and let them choose which to try
- “Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child”
How Parents Can Inspire Kids to Get Outside:
- Value free play
- Show them videos of the times they loved adventuring
- Bring a friend
- Twitter & IG: CTGProjectHQ
- changingthegameproject.com[find his books and podcast here]
Check out KWE’s #patch4apurpose to support 1, or all 8, charities: https://kidswhoexplore.com/product/original-explorer-patch4apurpose/
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music.