What defines an outdoor adventure may change with kids, and as their ages progress. Our chat with Tara left us with some fun ideas for getting everyone outdoors, from going playground hunting to starting a family 30-day no screen challenge! On top of that, you’ll hear how she’s used her creativity and her drive for some “mum time” to create some pretty rad businesses!
Tips for Car Rides with Kids:
- Scavenger Hunts!
Tips to Make it Easier to Get Outside:
- “Fake it” and keep that smile on – you’ll start to feel it
- Create “Bug Out Bags” – days packs with all the essentials for particular activities (kids can help with them too)
- Rad Mums (follow on IG: @radmums_): An outdoor community in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for Mums who want to explore without their kids
- CYa Outdoors (follow on IG: @cya.outdoors): Custom hand-painted hats with beautiful mountain landscapes. Currently on wait list
- Relish Apparel (follow on IG: @madebyrelish): Top Quality, Eco-Conscious, Transparent company that makes clothing in Canada. Printing free of chemicals. Scraps donated to make dog beds. There is so much to love here!
Follow Tara on IG: @rockymountainminis
Thank you to Elements Inc. for supporting today’s episode! Check them out to shop, or find in-store locations at www.patagoniaelements.ca
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music.