Getting outside doesn’t always need to be a big hike or a far away destination; It can be to your local park. Natasha Dillinger takes park adventures to a whole new level, with exploring more than 35 parks in 2021 with her two kids. That sounds like a fun goal to us!!
Raised in California, Natasha, known on Instagram as Suitcases in Seattle, now calls Seattle home. She not-so-secretly loves the gray skies, green landscapes, rocky beaches and mountain views. An accountant by trade, she’s adapted her love of spreadsheets to plan outings with her two young children. You’ll usually find them at a park or trailhead, or enjoying some of the amazing road-trippable destinations the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
Why Parks Are a Great Outing:
- They are accessible
- They are free!
- They are closer proximity than big hikes
- They get you at least an hour outside even on rainy days
Why Park Days Make for a “Lucky Mama:”
- You need less toys at home
- Your home stays cleaner!
- The fun is already created, for those who don’t want to set up a Pinterest Project
- Kids practise their gross motor skills
- Kids can get dirty!
- Allows opportunity for kids to see other kids outside, and all different kinds of kids!
- It’s a great “coffee date” option for parents
Other great toys to bring along to the park can be sand toys for the sand pit!
Some Seattle Locations Mentioned:
- Garfield Ledges (North Bend)
- Yesler Terrace (hit up Tougo Coffee Shop)
- Golden Gardens Park & Beach
- Pivot Farm (unicorn ride)
Rain Gear Mentioned:
Polarn O. Pyret (get some rain mittens!) – https://www.polarnopyretusa.com
Hunt, Gather, Parent by Michaeleen Doucleff
Check Out Episode 42 to hear her and learn more – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-42-why-to-avoid-kid-centered-activities-with/id1548759798?i=1000542061182
Writes for Parent Map & Seattle Child
https://www.parentmap.com & https://www.seattleschild.com
Check out KWE’s #patch4apurpose to support 1, or all 8, charities:
Today’s Host: @laurenrodycheberle from @kidswhoexplore
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music