We’ve said it a million and one times. And we’ve heard it even more than that. Snacks! The number one thing you never want to forget on any adventure, near or far…the snacks!
We aren’t dieticians, although you can refer back to episode 21 with Dr. Ashley to learn about which snacks are good for your teeth.
Episode 21: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-21-snacks-on-the-trail-with-dr-ashley-toporowski/
What You Can Find in our Snack Packs:
- Bars – make your own, or grab-and-go
- Baked Goods – homemade muffins or egg bites
- Fruit or Fruit Bowl
- Veggies and Dip – especially hummus
- Wraps and Sandwiches
- Salad – usually without kids, or picnic-style
- Smoothie – often for in the car
- Crackers – have water for after to protect those teeth!
- Electrolyte Gummies – sometimes
- Pouches – can also make your own in reusable pouches (to be kind to the environment)
- Coffee or Tea – after adventure or for the car ride
Brownie Pan Snacks: https://laurenrodycheberle.com/2016/09/27/primal-pancakes/
Bento Box (Yum Box): https://yumboxlunch.com/blogs/press/the-best-lunch-boxes-for-kids
Rumpl Picnic Blanket & Towel: https://www.rumpl.com
Pro Tip (haha):
Make sure to take pits out of dates before you blend them into a smoothie. Good idea to do before hiking with kids too!
Thank you to Elements Outfitters for supporting today’s episode! Check out @elementsoutfitters, @patagoniacalgary, @patagoniabanff, and @patagoniavictoria.
Today’s Host: @adriannaadventures & @laurenrodycheberle from @kidswhoexplore
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music