We aren’t dieticians, although you can refer back to episode 21 with Dr. Ashley to learn about which snacks are good for your teeth.
Episode 21: https://kidswhoexplore.com/podcasts/ep-21-snacks-on-the-trail-with-dr-ashley-toporowski/
What You Can Find in our Snack Packs:
- Bars – make your own, or grab-and-go
- Baked Goods – homemade muffins or egg bites
- Fruit or Fruit Bowl
- Veggies and Dip – especially hummus
- Wraps and Sandwiches
- Salad – usually without kids, or picnic-style
- Smoothie – often for in the car
- Crackers – have water for after to protect those teeth!
- Electrolyte Gummies – sometimes
- Pouches – can also make your own in reusable pouches (to be kind to the environment)
- Coffee or Tea – after adventure or for the car ride
Brownie Pan Snacks: https://laurenrodycheberle.com/2016/09/27/primal-pancakes/
Bento Box (Yum Box): https://yumboxlunch.com/blogs/press/the-best-lunch-boxes-for-kids
Rumpl Picnic Blanket & Towel: https://www.rumpl.com
Pro Tip (haha):
Make sure to take pits out of dates before you blend them into a smoothie. Good idea to do before hiking with kids too!
Thank you to Elements Outfitters for supporting today’s episode! Check out @elementsoutfitters, @patagoniacalgary, @patagoniabanff, and @patagoniavictoria.
Today’s Host: @adriannaadventures & @laurenrodycheberle from @kidswhoexplore
Production: @kpmediaproductions. Music: @michaelferraro_music